I am a nice person, I really am. Most people that I meet I like. I give most people the benefit of the doubt and I like them for who they are. There are people that get on my nerves but I still like them for who they are. But I admit that lately there is one person for which I have strong feelings of dislike. He is one of those people that has a high opinion of himself. This by itself I might be able to over look. The reason I don't like him is they way he makes others feel. On first glance he is a really cute boy that any girl would like and then he opens his mouth and .... Within the first conversation with him I went from thinking he was cute to thinking that I didn't want to ever be around him. Also, when he met my roommate he was a complete jerk to her.
I think the reason I have a hard time with him is he reminds me a lot of a boy I knew that was a complete and total jerk. (This boy was one of the most manipulative and disgusting boys I have ever met.) Both boys have a lot of the same views of the world and they both seem to be shallow jerks.
I have wondered if maybe I'm being over dramatic. I tend to do that sometimes (it is the theatre side of me coming out). Maybe I am, and I'll admit that I do pretend to hate him more than I actually do. But I do have a dislike for him, stemmed from all the things mentioned above.
Since meeting this boy I have also wondered if it was just a bad first impression and I truely hope that it is. I wonder if it is like in Pride and Prejudice where Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth hate each other because they just don't understand each other. Maybe it is and the more we get to know him the more our opinion of him will improve but as of right now I don't like him much at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Okay lets be honest though, this guy is NO Mr. Darcy. You are right though, I think we all pretend to hate him more than we actually do. But lets be honest again and say that he doesn't really deserve niceness. Do you think he really understands that his attitude totally puts people off? Ugh...he just gets under my skin!
ReplyDeleteYeah and he thinks we are drama.... HA!! Go back to high school dude
ReplyDeletealso, he should know its a complement to him to even be somewhat compared to Mr. Darcy
ReplyDeleteKristi,
ReplyDeleteI totally trust your judgement! Be careful of this guy, it seems he only feels good about himself if he is insulting others! I'm glad you had fun in Joe's Valley....are you going to WYO? If so have fun with the fam!