Thursday, December 17, 2009

Lots of emotions!

"I hope they call me on a mission, When I have grown a foot or two,
I hope by then I will be ready to teach and preach and work as missionary's do"

Well I have grown a foot or two and I'm ready to teach and preach in Spanish to the people of Houston Texas.

I have very mixed emotions about everything. I feel a mixture of nervousness, excitedness, sadness, happiness, excitedness, nervousness, sadness, happiness. It is this round emotions that I have had ever since I have gotten my call. I can be way excited about it one minute and then way sad the next. The feelings of sadness and nervousness are not because I don't want to go I really do. It is just that I'm leaving a part of my life behind. I have decided the best way to describe what I'm feel is to compare it to finishing a book in a series. As you finish the book you are sad to end the book but you are excited for the next book.

I'm sad because I'm leaving work, (I know kind of weird to say but I have worked there for 2 1/2 years). I have made many friends there; friends that I hope last for a long time. One such friend has also become a roommate and someone I can talk to about anything.

I'm sad because I'm moving out from my apartment I'm leaving some very great friends. I know that I will still be friends with them. But even so some of them could be married when I get home; everyone will be off doing other things. That is great but it is still hard leave them.
I will be leaving my family for longer than I will ever have before. This is hard, I know I can do it but that won't make it easier.
I'm putting my education on hold for a 1 1/2 years. It is funny, if i would have stayed with my original major I would have been a new graduate right now. But I have decided once again to postpone my education for yet another year and a half. I'm mostly nervous because I don't want to forget everything I have learned..... But I know the Lord will bless me in this area.
I'm nervous because I know that a mission is one of the hardest things that you can do in your life. A mission may be one of the best times in your life but that is because it is one of the hardest times in your life. You have to learn to rely on the Lord with all of your soul... and that can be hard especially for someone like me who likes to plan everything that she is going to do.

But I'm excited also.... I'm excited that for a year and a half I will be under the Lord's guidance. That I will be doing his work and helping him achieve his purpose. I will be teaching my Brothers and Sisters in Houston all about what I believe. All about our Heavenly Father and his plan of Happiness. A beautiful plan that is individual and yet all encompassing.
I'm excited because I get to learn spanish and this will help me in my schooling.
I'm happy because I know that what I'm doing is right, I know that I am supposed to be going to Houston. I feel so much at peace when I think about all that I will be doing down there.

I really am happy and excited!!! It is just hard to see a part of my life end. But it always is... I've done it before and I will do it again. Such is the rounds of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment